Our studio, located on the banks of the Hudson River on Route 9W in West Park, New York, offers a wide range of dance classes to groups from toddlers to adults. In Toddler Duets, students join and bond with their caregivers through songs and movement and discover how their amazing bodies move through space. Our three- to five-year old girls and boys who take Creative Movement classes learn to capture and develop their artistic expression through the use of songs, games and music. Our weekly classes also include Modern Technique, Improvisation and Ballet. As children grow older, they learn specific dance skills as they continue to build their own movement vocabularies. Older kids, teens and adults are challenged with a more rigorous technical training, while continuing their personal explorations through improvisation and composition. Every student at Barefoot has the opportunity to dance, collaborate and choreograph. We emphasize healthy alignment, strong technique, musicality and the creative process in a supportive environment. As dancers grow with us, many decide to deepen their commitment to dance by becoming members of one of our youth companies. Choreolab Performance Workshop offers students from age 10 and up the opportunity to push themselves technically and continue on their journey of self-discovery. Their movement research leads to building new collaborative work, which they perform several times a year. Barefoot Dance Company members study several times a week, work with guest artists and choreographers, and choreograph their own dances on one another. This group of dedicated artists performs throughout the Hudson Valley and in New York City.
- Youth Dance Companies
- Artist-In-Residence School Programs
- Summer Dance Intensives. Summer programs are listed seasonally on our schedule page.
- Private instruction: Students may choose to have private lessons for many reasons. Those who are new to dance may need undivided attention while learning basic skills and dance vocabulary. These students tend to become integrated into regular classes with greater ease and confidence. Jessie also works with more advanced dancers who are working to attain a particular goal. Private lessons are essential for dancers preparing for auditions. We tailor our private classes to match the specific needs of each student. The fee is $100 per hour and must be paid in advance. Call ahead to schedule your appointment. Please note that cancellations must be made at least 24 hours in advance or refunds will not be granted. We look forward to working with you and/or your child.
- Dance Performances: Barefoot Dance Company performs at public events, school assemblies, retirement communities, hospitals and other venues. Call the studio to book a performance.
- Space Rental: We have a beautiful, sunny 600-square-foot studio (approximately 19 x 26 feet) with wood floors, windows and skylights. Equipped with AC, ceiling fan and sound system. There is a small entrance/waiting area and bathroom. $20/$30 (private/commercial) per hour, with a two-hour minimum. Full day rates also available. Contact us to arrange your rental needs.